Have you ever noticed how a change in hair color can change your style and alter your mood??
Though confidence comes from within, there are a couple things you can do to boost your mood which include: getting a pedicure, changing your haircolor, getting a new haircut, trying out a new makeup look, or getting glowing skin.
Keep reading for ten beauty tips to boost your mood!
1. As mentioned, changing your haircolor is a simple and sometimes drastic way to change your look. If you’re scared to go permanent, or simply want to try a color out before committing ask for a semi-permanent dye which washes out within a couple of weeks. If you always wanted to have blonde hair, but are worried about the final outcome try highlights. They can range from honey blonde to full on platinum and are a more subtle way to going blonde.
2. If you have a day to rest, use it to pamper yourself! Use a hair treatment to condition your hair and relax in your very own home spa. Here’s how to make a nourishing avocado hair mask right at home!
-Mash up an avocado and add 1 Tbsp. of honey and 1/2 Tbsp of olive oil.
-Blend the ingredients well and apply from the roots to the tips of your hair. Leave on for 25-30 minutes.
-Rinse hair mask with cool water and apply conditioner if desired.
3. Look at pictures online or in magazines and find a new haircut. You know how if you have long hair you sometimes want to just chop it all off and try a shorter do? Do it, hair does grow back if you change your mind! Extensions and wigs are easy ways to try a new style, and range in prices.
4. Relax and pamper your skin with a homemade facial mask.
-mix 1/2cup of olive oil, 1/2 cup of oatmeal and 1 tsp. of baking soda for a moisturized and clear complexion.
-wash your face with soap and water, dry it, and apply the oatmeal mix.
-place a gauze with holes for your eyes and mouth over your face, place two cucumbers over your eyes and relax for 10-15 minutes.
-wash face with water and use a sea salt and honey scrub to exfoliate dead skin cells. Rinse scrub off with cool water, dry and apply your favorite moisturizer.
5. Take an aromatic bath! Get fresh rose petals, sea salt and add a drop of your favorite essential oil into your warm bathwater. Light a few candles, dim the lights and listen to your favorite relaxing music. After a long day at work, you deserve a break just for yourself. Don’t forget to take a quick shower after your bath.
6. Give yourself a foot massage. Or ask your hunny to spoil you a little bit and give you a massage! Check out this previous article for an at home moisturizing banana pedicure recipe.
7. Try a new makeup look. Makeup can be used to accentuate your best features. Check out YouTube for tons of great makeup tutorials and test out a new look.
8. Try a new workout! Exercise isn’t just great at helping you drop some weight, it’s also an excellent way to boost your mood naturally.
9. Make your own body oil and use it after showering for smoother skin. Choose your favorite essential oil and mix in 15-20 drops in a bottle with grape seed or olive oil. Use it daily as soon as you step out of the shower so it can soak into your skin, for a smoother feel.
10. Save some cash and give yourself a manicure! Use warm oil instead of water when soaking your hands for extra moisture. Do a simple and elegant French manicure, or try a more flashy color and pattern! Check out this previous article for ideas: nail art for natural nails.
Spend a whole day pampering the most important person in your life, YOU!
Hope you enjoyed these tips and feel free to share your own in the comments below!