Audrey Hepburn is a classic fashion icon.
She made a little black dress a wardrobe necessity and created many trends which are still in style to this day. Sticking to black and white with an occasional pop of color defines her style. Minimal but extremely tasteful, she proved you could never go wrong with a classy, elegant look.
Below is an Audrey Hepburn inspired look!
Are you or someone you know about to take the leap?!
- Brainstorm. Before you start talking with vendors you have to have a plan of what you are looking for. Start with the type of wedding you’d like, small? Big? Backyard wedding? Get married at the beach? Or stick to tradition? Possibilities are completely open to you and you’ll probably change your mind as you go, it’s just easier if you have an outline to start with. Invest in a wedding organizer to help with planning. I used and definitely recommend The Everything Wedding Organizer; Checklists, calendars, and worksheets for planning the perfect wedding
- Research. Before you commit to anything, whether it’s the cake or the music, use your resources to ensure you are getting the best price. Ask family and friends for recommendations and ask them to keep an eye out for what you’re looking for as well.
- Start looking for your dress with time. Schedule an appointment and check out Bridal magazines for styles you like before going in. Bring in pictures of dresses you choose from the magazines and show them to your bridal consultant to make the experience easier.
- Ask family and friends to sponsor you, or be godparents of certain items like flowers, cake, music…
- If you have the time and are crafty enough get your girls together for a bridal DIY party and start making anything from invitations to favors. This DIY book offers great cost-saving ideas with easy to follow steps and is recommended by many satisfied readers. The DIY Bride: 40 Fun Projects for Your Ultimate One-of-a-Kind Wedding
- Aim for a wedding between January-March or even around November. These months are considered the wedding off-season since most brides opt for a summer wedding.
- Check out the wedding channel for more tips and tools to create your own wedding website!