Here are simple steps and materials needed for a perfect at home manicure. Do it yourself, save time and money!
-nail polish remover
-nail bowl soak
-2 small towels
A few affordable and quality products, bright shades, and pre-cut and colored nail prints 🙂
- Prepare all your tools, place them on a clean area, and pour warm water with a drop of antibacterial soap in the bowl or a container big enough to fit your hand.
- Use Â cotton and polish remover to remove any polish on your nails. Cut your nails down to desired length, and file them to the shape you’d like.
Pro-Tip: Short nails look great in dark colors, longer nails look classier Â in soft shades or a French style mani.
- Place one hand in the warm water and let soak for a couple minutes.
- Take wet hand out and pat dry with the towel. Soak a bit of cotton in cuticle oil and wrap it around one end of an orangewood stick, use the cotton to distribute oil around your cuticles. Use the cuticle pusher to gently push cuticles down. Use the orangewood stick with the oil-soaked cotton around it to clean under your nails edge.
Pro-Tip: Never, never, ever, cut or allow your cuticles to be cut. This is the easiest way to expose your cuticles to bacteria, infections or a stinging cut. Plus, once you cut your cuticles they will grow back and need to be trimmed too often. Push them down with the pusher instead.
- Soak the other hand, and repeat the previous step.
- Use a moisturizing (non-greasy) hand lotion to gently massage your hand and arm all the way to your elbow. Use your index finger and thumb in circular motions to massage your hands, fingers, and up your arm.
Pro-tip: For a warm and soothing massage warm up the lotion for a few seconds, before using it to massage.
- Repeat the previous step on the other hand and arm. Â Use a warm towel to dry off your hands and remove any excess oil.
- Starting on one hand, use base coat on your nails and let dry. Repeat on opposite hand.
- Apply your favorite shade of color, 2-3 coats depending on the intensity and let it dry. Repeat on opposite hand.
- Seal and protect the color with a clear top coat, let dry, and repeat on opposite hand.
- Once nails have fully dried apply a small amount of cuticle oil around cuticles, and use a moisturizing hand lotion for silky skin.
Enjoy your lovely salon-like manicure right at home, minus the price and tip!