In the mood for a quick snack that’s both tasty and healthy?!
Check out this recipe for a pita pizza recipe which can easily be altered depending on what toppings you’re in the mood for today!
- 2 whole wheat pitas
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of chopped spinach leaves
- 1/2 a tomato sliced
- 1/2 a red bell pepper sliced
- salt, pepper and oregano to taste
*If you’d like some meat on your pita pizza add a couple pieces of salami or cut up turkey/ ham. You can also switch up the selection of veggies I listed, or add in more of your favorites.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, and prepare all your ingredients by washing and chopping them up.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet and place two pita breads on top.
- Layer your pitas with tomato sauce, then add cheese, veggies and all theÂ toppingsÂ you prefer.
- Once the oven is ready put the sheet with your topped pita pizzas in and cook for about 10Â minutes, depending on the heat settings on your oven and how crispy you want the bread.
- For a crispier pita pizza, broil pitas for a few minutes after cheese has melted.
- Enjoy this healthy snack with a crisp salad on the side!