Newly colored hair always looks super shiny and perfect.
Wouldn’t it be great to keep the same intensity of the color without the fading?
Keep reading for a few things you can do and avoid, to help keep your color from fading as quickly.
Use these tips as a guide, don’t try anything on your hair you don’t feel prepared to do. Ask a friend or professional if necessary.
– Don’t shampoo daily. You can condition hair daily but shampoo can be too aggressive and strips color and shine off hair with daily use. Shampoo your hair 2-3 times a week.
– Use a hair treatment appropriate for your hair at least once a week to keep your hair moisturized and soft.
– Reds are the fastest to fade, and hard to remove when trying to go lighter.
– Use hair products that shield your hair when applying blow dryers, flat-irons, curling irons, and such tools. Avoid using them as often.
– Try color boosting shampoo and conditioners. Various drugstores offer different brands as well as salons and beauty supply stores.
– Avoid too much sun or beach/chlorinated water. It will cause faster fading and might stain your hair if it’s blonde.
– Buy a semi-permanent color or a toner that matches your shade at sallys beauty supply and apply just the color without any developer to your hair for 10-15 minutes and rinse with cool water. Applying just the colorÂ will freshen up your shade in between salon visits.
Thanks for reading, hope these were helpful! Got any of your own?!