Are you or someone you know about to take the leap?!
After the just engaged feeling subsides, reality takes over and even the sweetest girl can turn into a bridezilla with the stress of paying for a wedding along with everything else. This post is a brief compilation of the best Â tips and advice to prevent breaking the bank on your wedding day, Â dedicated to all those soon to be blushing brides 🙂
- Brainstorm. Before you start talking with vendors you have to have a plan of what you are looking for. Start with the type of wedding youâ€™d like, small? Big? Backyard wedding? Get married at the beach? Or stick to tradition? Possibilities are completely open to you and youâ€™ll probably change your mind as you go, itâ€™s just easier if you have an outline to start with. Invest in a wedding organizer to help with planning. I used and definitely recommend The Everything Wedding Organizer; Checklists, calendars, and worksheets for planning the perfect wedding
- Research. Before you commit to anything, whether itâ€™s the cake or the music, use your resources to ensure you are getting the best price. Ask family and friends for recommendations and ask them to keep an eye out for what youâ€™re looking for as well.
- Start looking for your dress with time. Schedule an appointment and check out Bridal magazines for styles you like before going in. Bring in pictures of dresses you choose from the magazines and show them to your bridal consultant to make the experience easier.
- Ask family and friends to sponsor you, or be godparents of Â certain items like flowers, cake, musicâ€¦
- If you have the time and are crafty enough get your girls together for a bridal DIY party and start making anything from invitations to favors. This DIY book offers great cost-saving ideas with easy to follow steps and is recommended by many satisfied readers. The DIY Bride: 40 Fun Projects for Your Ultimate One-of-a-Kind Wedding
- Aim for a wedding between January-March or even around November. These months are considered the wedding off-season since most brides opt for a summer wedding.
- Check out the wedding channelÂ for more tips and tools to create your own wedding website!
These are just a few options, but there are more things you can do to save some money for the honeymoon and still have that wedding you always dreamed of. I just recently got married so I know exactly what kind of stress the cost of a wedding can bring, but we were lucky enough to get such great help from our families and friends. I was blessed with a beautiful and elegant wedding that will always be unforgettable.
Weddings are expensive but with research and commitment you can have a beautiful wedding on anyÂ budget, because every bride deserves a great day.