Even a professional makes mistakes the simple solution is to fix it.
Everyone who has applied makeup has made at least one mistake, whether wearing too much makeup out or uneven blending. Here are the top ten mistakes commonly made by women and how to avoid making them again!
Top 10 makeup mistakes and fixes
- Mascara is a great way to enhance your lashes when applied correctly. A common mistake made when applying it is clumping.Â MascaraÂ clumping is easy to avoid by tossing out old dried mascara and buying a new one. You can help extend your mascaras life span by washing the wand at least twice a week with makeup remover and rinsing it off with water. It also helps to apply a bit of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly to your lashes before going to bed for a smoother mascara application the next day, just don’t use too much and be careful of getting any in your eye.
- Incorrect blending can make your makeup look like a mask with visible layers. When blending foundation be sure to apply it starting from your forehead and working your way down your face in circular motions. Use a new sponge, foundation brush or your middle and ring fingers to apply Â and be sure to blend well around your hair and jawline to avoid visible lines. Apply foundation to your neck as well to get an even tone and even to your shoulders andÂ dÃ©colletageÂ when wearing a strapless dress.
- Runny or creased eyeshadow. This one is hard to avoid throughout the day, but Â wearing Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion before applying your makeup will help prevent fading and keep makeup in place. It also helps to lightly dustÂ translucentÂ Â powder over your whole face including eyelids after your makeup application.
- Over plucked brows happen to many, the easiest solution- Stop tweezing until they grow out completely to find a shape suitable for you. Until they grow out fill in your brows with Anastasia Brow Powder Duo II Brow Color .06 oz (1.6 g) in a color that matches your tone.
- Too dark or light foundation. When matching your shade test it on your jawline and remember that your skin tone won’t be the same around summer as it was in winter so consider purchasing foundation in two shades.Bare Escentuals bareMinerals foundation medium 9g is easy to blend and gives fair and medium tones a sheer finish. Â ApplyingÂ translucent powder after your foundation will prevent color fading throughout the day.
- Too much makeup. Check out the picture above, looks cute on the mannequin but makeup overload is not very flattering on most women. If you’re going to play up your eyes with a smoky look, don’t bring out a matching lipstick try a nude or peach shade instead. A good makeup application is about balance. Emphasizing your bestÂ featuresÂ and concealing your flaws.
- Ever popped a zit that left an even worse mark than the pimple itself? Before you run for your concealer, apply pressure if bleeding and place a cold compress to minimize swelling for about three minutes. Simple solution- Don’t pick or pop zits especially when they’re not even ready. ApplyÂ Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Redness Concealer or a similar product to conceal the redness instead.
- Too much blush. Blush should look natural giving off a dewy glow or a sun kissed look. When too much is applied it can look like there’s nothing but blush on your face. A quick fix is to dip a cotton ball or tissue in Organic Wear Loose Powder .03 oz and gently sweep it over to tone down too much color. Be sure to always apply blush with a clean brush on a dry clean face.
- Big fake lashes= Save them forÂ Halloween. Instead try single lashes and coat with mascara for a still fake yet natural looking length. Check out this video for application of single false lashes!
- The last mistake made by many women throughout the world is falling for fads. Makeup should make you feel like yourself, not like you’re wearing a mask. If you prefer the minimalist look stick to neutral shades and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. If you love colorfulÂ eyeshadow during the day, wear them proud. Makeup should make you feel comfortable, stick to what works for you =)