Blue eyes can be intensified with copper, peach, rust, and gold shadows.
At one point everyone had brown eyes but a genetic mutation caused the melanin produced in the iris to reduce, and caused the brown shade to lighten into blue.Â (http://www.livescience.com/health/080131-blue-eyes.html) Â Blue is a beautiful color with calming effects, maybe because it reminds us of the ocean. There are many colors that can be used to accentuate and play up such a great feature!
Great eyeshadows & liners to intensify blue…
- Urban Decay Stardust Eyeshadow – a dark purple shade with a bit of shimmer and a super silky texture. use this shade of purple instead of a black shadow when creating a smoky eye effect.
- LORAC Color Me Couture Eye Shadow Palette– great palette to own. 5 complimentary shimmering shades including: enlighten (creamy pearl), style (gold pearl), luxe ( bronze pearl), jade (olive green & gold pearl), designer (black & gold pearl). This neutral palette has complimentary colors which will create great looks on blue eyes.
- Urban Decay Metallic Glitter Eyeshadow – a lavender shade perfect to wear just on the eyelid around the tear duct and just below your lower lash line for a pretty yet subtle daytime look .
- NYX Trio Eye Shadow– a classic trio of matte colorsÂ featuring white, grey, and black. blend colors for a smoky effect or grey on the crease alone compliments blue eyes nicely.
- Urban Decay Three Piece Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner Set-draw a thin line as you would eyeliner in either silver-grey, blue-teal, or dark purple.
- Stila Smudge Pot Liner -in bronze or jade shimmer to best accentuate blue eyes. goes on silky smooth and a great replacement for pencil liner. smudge proof and stays on all day.
- Urban Decay Metallic Glitter Eyeshadow -in midnight cowboy rides again a golden-bronze shade with gold and silver shimmer.
- Urban Decay Deluxe Eyeshadow -in freakshow, a rich-deep purple shade or honey, a creamy neutral shade.
- NYX Glitter Cream eyeshadow -in royal violets. a nice palette of colors including aÂ shimmeringÂ lilac, soft and deep purple, gold, andÂ grayish-black.
- DuWop Crush Eye Shadow -3 velvet-like colors in gold, copper, and bronze. soft and easy to apply as shadow yet dense enough to use as a liner also.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Eyes -water and fade proof pencil eyeliner available in a variety of colors!
A few more products that work well with blue eyes…
Accentuate blue eyes with these makeup tips 🙂
- Try white eyeliner or a shimmering silver one on your lower lash line to open eyes rather than black liner which makes eyes appear smaller.
- Blue eyeshadow doesn’t do much to play up your eyes so use with caution. Frost icy blue looks nice just on your lid, on the tear duct and below your lash line.
- Use brown mascara for a softer look and black mascara for a more dramatic effect.
- Dark green, navy blue, deep purple, or grey eyeliner also looks great around blue eyes.
- Keep the rest of your makeup minimal to draw attention to those blue peepers.
- Soft pink and peachyÂ eye shadows blend well with blue eyes.
- Try grey eyeshadow instead of black for a more subtle smoky eye look.
- Purple shades look beautiful on blue eyes, as well as teal.