Look like you have an endless wardrobe, by shopping for versatile pieces!
Putting together outfits doesn’t have to be a long and tedious routine. Especially when you fill your wardrobe with pieces that can be used to create more than one outfit. For instance, you have a black pencil skirt. You can easily make three different outfits by accessorizing correctly. Keep it bussiness-like by wearing it with black pumps, sheer nylons, a white button-up shirt, and a blazer. Add some color with a bright shirt, metallic accessories, and your favorite wedges. Or keep it simple and feminine by wearing a black top and emphasize your curves with a pretty belt around your waist. The same skirt is dressed up in different styles! This trick works best when you use a neutral piece and dress it up differently with each wear.
Here are 10 pieces which you must have in your wardrobe to make the best of your outfits!
1. neutral trousers- trousers are appropriate attire for most jobs, and work well when you’d rather not wear a dress/skirt to an event. They can easily be dressed up with a nice blouse and jewelry, or dressed down with a polo and flats.
2. white button down shirt- can’t go wrong with a crisp white button-up shirt. Perfect for work, looks great with jeans. Toss on a blazer and some accesories and you got yourself a pretty stylish outfit.
3. neutral blazer- a blazer is a great option to dress up an outfit. Can be worn with slacks, skirts, dresses and even jeans to add a chic look. Can’t go wrong with a classic black blazer, or try a khaki or olive green one!
4. black or dark grey skirt- a pencil skirt is a great piece to creating versatile looks. As mentioned earlier you can take a skirt and play with colors or accessories to create many different looks.
5. LBD- A classic staple, which must be in your wardrobe! You can’t ever go wrong with wearing a little black dress to a formal or casual event. Can be dressed up with glamourous jewelry and heels, or dressed down with a comfy cardigan and flats.
6. darkwash jeans- they don’t just look great on most body types, they also make your thighs appear slimmer :0 Darkwash jeans look great with tees and a hoody, and can be dressed up for a more formal occasion with heels/boots and a nice top.
7. black peacoat/trench- Every woman needs an elegant coat! It won’t just keep you warm in cold seasons, it will also never go out of style if you look for classic cuts and shop for a every-body flattering color like black.
8. black heels- everyone needs a great pair of black heels in their closet. Heels are versatile as they can work with jeans, skirts, shorts, dresses… If you are a shoe addict add color to an outfit with brights, but be sure to own at least one pair of black to wear for pretty much any occassion. Another plus, you can’t tell if they get a little dirty. Be sure to try on your heels prior to buying them, to ensure they are the right and a comfortable fit!
9.cute pair of flats- heels are great , especially with their added benefits of lenghtening and lifting! But once in a while give your feet a break and try a cute pair of flats. They work well with slacks, jeans, skirts and dresses. Buy a pair that fits your style, whether you like classic neutrals or want to add some color with bright flats.
10. camel cardigan- a cardi comes in handy when weather is unexpected. They are also great for summer, because they are usually in a light fabric. Very versatile when chosen in neutral shades. Try a nice camel colored one to avoid wearing as much black, but still having many outfit options.
Got any fashion pieces which you consider to be a must-own-item!?