Finding the perfect jeans can sometimes be a struggle. Which is why I’ve compiled a few tips to help you find a pair that’s both flattering to your shape and comfortable 🙂
The most important part about buying jeans is how they fit.
You have to make sure the jeans you choose flatter your body shape and conceal any flaws you are looking to hide. Are you an hourglass (curvy with a small waist), pear shaped (wider around your hips and bottom), ruler/ rectangle shaped (bust and hips are same size with less curves, more of an athletic build), apple shaped (waist size is larger as comparison to bust and hips). Finding out what body shape you are will make it easier in finding flattering jeans.
If you have an hourglass shape opt for skinny or low rise jeans to show off your curves. Pear-shapes should look for stretch jeans with a bit of flare to show off their curvy hips and even out their proportions. Ruler/rectangle shapes should look for boot cut or wide leg jeans to add more curves and define their athletic build. If you’re apple shaped try looking for high-waisted, boot cut, stretch jeans or jeans with a bit of flare at the bottom to even out your proportions.
- stretch jeans are great for comfort and a body hugging fit.
- boot cut and flare jeans give a lean and long look.
- cuffed jeans are not very flattering and will usually make your legs look shorter.
- shop for dark denim, light denim makes you look wider.
- skinny jeans can be worn by any body shape, you just have to make sure they fit right on your waist. Wear them with a looseÂ top to bring a balance if you have wider hips.
- tiny pockets on your butt will make it lookÂ over-sized, low pockets will make your butt look higher. Five-pocket jeans are a classic and flatter most shapes.
- while in the fitting room, sit down and move around to ensure jeans fit comfortably. The front button should close easily and the fly should remain flat.
- avoid those butt enhancing jeans. False advertisement. Love your booty even if it’s a little small, its still yours and confidence is sexy!
You will probably still need to try on various jeans to ensure you find a good fit. These are just a few tips to help make your shopping experience a bit easier. The best tip when buying jeans is to avoid trends and chose what fits you best. Skinny jeans are everywhere, but if you feelÂ awkwardÂ in them what is the point.