Top 5 benefits of full grain leather
Full grain leather is the strongest and most durable part of the hide. It is made from the top layer of the hide, which allows for the hide’s natural surface to be preserved. Besides the fact that it will not crack, peel or tear; there are other benefits to choosing this quality leather over others.
- Unique appearance– as mentioned above, the fact full grain leather is made from the top layer of the hide keeps all the marks and scars the animal had. This means your piece will be original and beautiful.
- Ages beautifully- full grain leather is the only kind of leather which becomes more beautiful over time. If you like purchasing leather, full grain might be where you want to invest to ensure your piece won’t spoil in time.
- Strongest leather- the stronger the material, the more durable it will be. The vertical fibres of this part of the hide are what provide this benefit to full grain leather. It won’t crack, tear, puncture, or peel; and the grain pattern is firm and moisture-resistant.
- Develops a patina- as full grain leather ages, it develops a change in color (a.k.a patina). This is a desired characteristic in leather. The change in color usually happens faster if the piece is not treated.
- Low maintenance- full grain leather is fairly easy to care for. In fact Mahi Leather, one of the best full grain leather bag providers, recommends simply wiping your bag down with a cloth every now and then, to prevent dust and dirt from building up. They Also suggest storing your piece in a humidity controlled environment for keeping the leather soft.
There you have it, five of the top reasons why you should opt for full grain leather over others. It is top quality and might come at a higher price than other leathers, but normally a leather product is purchased for its’ strength and durability. With full grain leather you get those benefits, plus you will be at ease knowing your piece will not get ruined over time, rather increase in beauty.