What is a burpee?
A burpee is a moveÂ used in strength training and aerobicÂ exercise. You should incorporate burpees into your workout routine because they are a full body exercise which help build strength, flexibility, and endurance.
Why are burpees good for you?
Burpees are a great workout because as you do them you’re strengthening your muscles and they also aid in weight loss. They get your heart pumping which makes them a bit of cardio and work all your muscle groups, especially your arms, legs and abs.
How to do burpees:
- Stand up with your feet at shoulder distance and arms by your side.
- Drop down into a squat with your hands on the floor, keep your arms straight.
- Kick your feet back into a plank position. For more intensity do aÂ push-up.
- Jump back to the squat position with your hands on the floor and arms straight.
- Push yourself up to the standing position and keep your arms straight over your head as you jump up off the ground.
Trying to stay active, but can’t make time for the gym? Try doing 100 burpees a day! Split them into 5 sets of 20 reps and do them throughout the day.
Here is a workout tutorial for all you visual learners 🙂